Wednesday, January 14, 2009

christmas pictures at last

Christmas is my favorite time of the year. It takes about a week to get the house decorated. And twice as long to put it all away. Michael likes to describe it like this, "it looks like santa threw up in our house!" He really is a good sport about it. This year I only put up 2 of my 3 christmas trees, not to metion the 6 ft wreath. I have so many christmas ornaments that I could have 4 trees and still have leftovers. A few years ago I let Becca and Megan decorate one of the smaller trees by themselves. The agreement was they could have a tree of their own as long as they left my tree alone. Here they are decorating their tree.


This year Becca asked me, "How old do I need to be before I get a tree of my own to decorate?" I had to explain to her that she and her sister are luckly and spoiled, most children don't get a tree of their own to decorate. Most families only have one tree. She rolled her eyes and walked a way. Some days I realize just how close we are to full blown teenager attitude. She like to tell me she's not a kid, she's a preteen. It's going to be interesting.


Michael and I didn't finish wrapping presents and putting on bows untill about midnight, then of course Lexi woke up and wouldn't go back down until 1:30 am. Then Becca and Megan woke up around 4 am. We convinced them to go back to bed for about half and hour. So there we are stumbling downstairs at 4:30 in the morning. It wasn't a pretty site. Becca and Megan had a great time they weren't tired at all.

They had to "help" Lexi open her presents, they didn't mind that at all. Lexi slept straight through the whole thing. I kept looking at her a thinking to myself, she's sleeping I should be asleep too. Once in a while I would try to wake her up, she didn't like that.

We opened all the presents, had breakfast and cleaned up the wrapping paper so Michael and I headed back to bed about 7:30 am. The moment we laid down Lexi woke up. You know that's the way it goes with a baby. We did finally get a nap before we went to our friends Kevin and Lori's (which are family to us) for christmas dinner.

Kevin and Lori's daughter, Kailey's ready for dinner



Krista and Stasha





Michael and Lexi, he's trying so hard to stay awake

Kevin and Greg

Lori

Becca is helping set the table, I hope you and your family had a wonderful christmas too.

2 comments:

Strong Family said...

Looks like you had a fun Christmas. Sorry we weren't able to get together.

Nikki said...

I just found you on Jen's blog. You're baby is beautiful. I need to come see you guys before she's one. It's fun seeing Becca growing.